Thursday, May 5, 2016

I've Written a Letter to Ryan...

Dear Ryan Murphy,

I wanted to write and congratulate you on your new FX Series, Feud which was just announced in industry news sources around the country. How exciting that you are going to start your anthology series off with a story about the filming of the Joan Crawford/Bette Davis classic film Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (1962)!
Any show that celebrates Classic Hollywood and educates a new generation about the wonderful performers of Hollywood's Golden Era is alright by me. And with such talented stars as Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon attached, how can you go wrong? Wait- Sarandon is playing Davis and Lange is playing Crawford? That must be a mis-print.

And I'm sure that this series will be a truthful examination of these two complicated- yet thrilling actresses, not a campy send-up of the baseless PR bunk about a feud between the two- a feud that both actresses later said was blown entirely out of proportion by the press. I mean you aren't going to go "over-the-top" with this thing, right? You never overdramatize and embellish to the point that you make a story a circus, do you? Of course not. That would be a terrible idea. I don't want to talk about it! Everytime I think about something nice, you remind me of bad things. I only want to talk about the nice things.

Yours,

Lance "Werthwhile Movies" Werth

No comments:

Post a Comment